Untitled #20 by oecomm featuring nicholas kirkwood
Celia Cruz's last song.
I dance to La Negra Tiene Tumbao after watching a CSPAN lecture on modern-day slavery by Siddhartha Kara.
He made me weigh the matters of class, gender, ethnicity on my business undertaking. Who's world is this? Where do I fall? Forty percent of the world's population is either enslaved or bonded labor.
"There are deliberate, malicious forces working around the clock to keep you in your lot in life," he said. "You can't see them, but feel them as lack and poverty. Economic disenfranchisement denies biased groups access to formal credit or capital."
Hey, he's talking about me: How easily can I really go to a bank and walk out with a line of credit, no matter how solid my business plan?
It's super important to remember initiatives like SLSBC which address disparities, bring resources and create access. You have to believe in what you're setting out do (a s-hero's journey) and let nothing, no one stand in your way, stop you, including you.
I Salsa to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment