Monday, October 22, 2012
Courting an idea
I'm sticking to my plan: both my business plan and my workout regiment. I had the pleasure of attending a cocktail party recently where i got to mingle with some business "types." I spoke to one, whom while very direct and matter of factly, was almost discouraging about starting a business. Maybe, the person was just battle-scarred. Being optimistic, I found that the advice was still good. What i took away from the conversation is that it's hard work, great sacrifice and often-time, no pay. "If it's glamour you're looking for, you better run the other way." The other way being a regular salaried job. "Look, kid --" Mind you i'm in my 30s. "This is like being married...." And no, I'm not married so I can't fully correlate that analogy; but I get it, it's a commitment. I'm getting ready to take a big step. I need to be absolutely sure that this is really...really what I want to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment